That's a Big One
I finally got the fourth book. It is huge! I'm a bit over a hundred pages through, but barely dented the 734 pages! I would be about half way if I were reading The Sorcerer's Stone. The funny thing about the jump in size in books was that it was not at all gradual. Book four is the same size as book one and three combined. It's as if the author suddenly remembered she wanted to fit her story into only seven books.
Another thing that is different other that the book size is the content and normal make up of the book. The book is all of a sudden extremely detailed. So getting to the International Quidditch Cup took a long time, and then it took a long time for the game to begin. There are all sorts of people being introduced; important wizards and witches from the Ministry.
In the last three Harry Potter books it has been formatted very much the same. It starts with Harry at the Dursleys. His cousin is described as a pig and is given a big birthday party and than Harry Potter has a birthday that his Aunt and Uncle forget about but, he is always taken away on his birthday by a friend. This book started off as a dream and Harry Potter woke up with his scar hurting, I have a feeling this might become the new norm. And now he hasn't gotten to school in the first hundred pages, which I am guessing is also a new norm.
Things that do stay the same are how much the Dursleys hate him, how his friends find a way to make a scene at his house and how Ginny still blushes every time she see Harry.
Reading the books may take more than two days now, but I am still just as excited to see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment