When my mother saw me reading Harry Potter. She grew serious saying, "You know the Harry Potter books have satanic things in them they will look deceivingly good -- I know haven't read the books, but be careful."
The ironic thing is that a lot of people or things in the Harry Potter books are deceivingly about who is good and who is bad. Snape is portrayed evil. Riddles book looked good. Hagrid appeared guilty. It's hard to tell, who is bad and who is good. For instance the death eaters in The Prisoner of Azkaban, they are trying to catch the criminal, (Good) but they reek havoc whenever they come near Harry.(Bad)
From watching the movies, I know Serious Black is good in the end, but he looks like a terrible character now. He killed many people, and betrayed Harry's parents -- and that's why they died. I'm not sure how it works out when he gets redeemed.
It is safe to say, "Yes the whole concept of the Harry Potter story is that people are not always what they appear to be." I think this is a valuable thing for people to learn -- Not something to be fearful of. As for the satanic things: there is a 'dark side' those who don't value the lives of others. Who kill, steal and destroy -- just like satan. I think this is good, you see what it bad and it is bad. Voldamore does not look deceivingly good. He might have been when he was younger, but not anymore. Voldamore = Evil.
No comments:
Post a Comment