Thursday, May 24, 2012

How the Goblet of Fire Should Have Ended

There I am reading the end of the Goblet of Fire. Harry has just woken up from drinking a sleeping drought, and there is yelling because the minister of Magic killed one of the culprits, who would have given evidence about He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Then this minister is in disbelief about Voldemort coming back. I stopped. What? He doesn't even believe? Dumbledore persuade him!

And then at that moment I wanted to change the story. I would have Harry Potter roll himself out of bed. Everyone turns their head, and go silent waiting for him to speak. He walks up to the unbelieving minister and says, "I have something to show you." He then turns to Dumbledore and says, "Could I use your memory well."

Dumbledore says, "Well it's kinda complicated. How about we use some of your winnings and we can build your own?"

So then Harry Potter takes out all his memories he has of Voldemort and the vivid encounter at the graveyard where he sees all the deatheatters. He shows anyone who wants to see what happened. It helps him get the story across without having to go through the painful memory time and time again and now people will have 'lived' through the event themselves.

The outcome is that the wizards are united in getting rid of Voldemort and the deatheatters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment