Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Chamber of Secrets

Book #2
I have the second book now. I am a fourth of the way through. Reading Harry Potter is like eating cotton candy. When my sister saw me reading she said I was sick for reading the books. What I really wonder is what my mother will say. She's on vacation and she didn't like me watching the movies -- at all.


My brother claims that Harry Potter and his friends always get in trouble and therefore are a bad influence on the young readers. He says it give kids the idea that it's okay to break rules. Which I suppose is true. But I feel that most of the time Harry Potter weighs the pro's and con's and sees that fixing those things that are wrong is top priority. Which I feel is important. We shouldn't be scared into obeying. It should be our nature to do what is right. And if having to break some rules gets in the way I don't see why the rules shouldn't be broken. That is as long as they are willing to reap those consequences.


I hate how Harry Potter lies. He thinks because he's different that no one will understand. In the case when he heard voices and lied about it. It was wrong to lie, but hey no ones perfect.


I like in the book how, the children have influence. They take charge. They depend on each other, They are empowered. These are important attributes. To live a life independent and self sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment